Wednesday, October 22, 2008

BACKMASKING

1. The Beatle's song "Help" claims to have the words "Now he uses marijuana" when played backwards. I do not hear these words and I do not think that the Beatle's meant for it to sound like this.

2. Santana's song when played backwards says the words "I'll remind you to say yes". This is a very good example of backmasking and the words are very clear. This was probably an intentional exmaple of reverse speech.

3. Mariah Carey's song is also an example that I think has intentional backmasking. When played backwards, the song clearly says " Yes, I am a woman now". In fact, I found it difficult to understand what she was saying when the song was played regularly but understood what it said when it was played backwords.

4. The Spice Girl's song couyld also be considered tgo have intentional backmasking. you can clearly hear the words " Was I easy? Have fun." when the song is played backwards. It makes sense that they would put this in the song backwards because when plyed regularly the son says "Im not that easy".

5. I do not beleive that the words " I love satan within" were intentionally backmasked into Santana's song. The words are not clear and it does not even seem like it is saying that.

6. I think the same about Sting's song. I do not hear the words "He scared me hidden, hear me please". Nor do i think that that sentence make sense so i do not think that it was intentionally back masked into the song.

7. Cheaptrick's song Gonna Raise Hell says the words "satan hold the key to the lock" when it is played backwrods. I beleive that it was intentionally put in there, however you can only hear it when they play the song backwards super slow.

8. I do not think that the Rolling Stone's purposely backmasked the words " I love you said the devil" into their song. I do nto hear those words at all when the song is played backwords. I actually do not hear any words at all.

9. Iron Maiden's song "Still life" clearly has the words "the man of evil is here" when its played backwards. This backmasking was most likely intenional because the words are very evident and easily understood.

10. Alanis Morisette's song claims to have the words "high in LA" in it when played backwards. I can understand the words but i do not think that it was intentionally put in the song.

No comments: